ESL Exercises - Directions Exercise
Two-Minute Test on Following Directions
The following quiz is to test your skill in reading and following directions. It should take you 2 minutes to complete.
- Read everything through carefully on this page before you do anything.
- Print your name in the upper left-hand corner of this page.
- Write the date below your name in the upper left-hand corner.
- Circle the number “4” at the beginning of this sentence.
- After the date written just below your name, write your birth date.
- Draw a line through this sentence.
- Put an “X” in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
- Punch a hole with your pencil through the number “8” at the beginning of this sentence.
- Draw a big smiley face in the middle of this paper.
- Now that you have read everything through carefully, do only items 1 and 2.